‘Tis the season to shop unique, handmade, and most of all, local!
Santa Cruz businesses and organizations are making it easy with a full slate of holiday shopping fairs, makers markets, and boutiques.
Be sure to check back often, as new pop-up shopping events are added throughout the holiday season.
Here’s a roundup of some of the best opportunities to buy some awesome gifts and help support the local economy and arts culture at the same time.
We have organized all of the shopping events by date. Use the links below to jump straight to a specific date range:
- November 5-6
- November 10
- November 12-13
- November 19-20
- November 26-27
- December 1-4
- December 10-11
- December 17-18
November 5 – 6
Holiday Boutique Villa Santa Cruz
Two days of shopping and plenty of holiday gifts to choose from, including jewelry, handmade soaps, art work, knitting, aromatherapy, and delicious homemade food.
- When: November 5th & 6th, from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Where: Villa Santa Cruz Mobile Home Park
8th Annual Santa Cruz Sea Glass & Ocean Art Festival
Calling all sea glass lovers and early holiday shoppers! This weekend-long festival features over 40 unique artists showcasing beautiful jewelry and crafts. Enjoy the new Collectors Corner and Ocean Conservation Exhibits, along with food, drink (full bar), and raffle prizes.
- When: 11/5 – 11/6 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Where: Cocoanut Grove Ballroom at the Boardwalk
- Cost: $5, Kids under 6 Free
Watsonville Taiko’s Annual Holiday Boutique & Raffle
Support Watsonville Taiko and get a jump start on your holiday shopping! This family-friendly boutique features something for everyone—unique and creative holiday gifts from arts & crafts to theme baskets to gift certificates, and more. Try your luck at numerous raffle prizes, including the grand prize, an original, handmade Japanese Motif Quilt. Enjoy baked goods and snacks for purchase while you shop.
- When: Sunday, November 6 from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Where: Kizuka Hall in Watsonville
Coffeeville Makers Market
Local artists and craftspeople will bring their their goods to market, the Makers Market, that is. Enjoy small farm, small batch coffee from a local mom & pop bean shop while you get your holiday shopping started.
- When: Sunday, November 6 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Where: Coffeeville in Santa Cruz
Scarborough Holiday Ladies Night
Grab your girlfriends and head out for a little holiday retail therapy. Enjoy trunk shows, demonstrations, and local holiday refreshments, plus 20% off your entire purchase. Men are invited, too, and the first 100 customers will receive a free tote bag.
- When: Thursday, November 10, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Where: Scarborough Home Center, Ben Lomond; Scarborough Ace Hardware, Scotts Valley
November 12 – 13
Bonny Doon Craft Fair
First, a supervised playground for the kids…need we say more? If an espresso bar, annual chili cook-off, and folk music and dancing don’t entice you, go for the fabulous local vendors including Fish Princess Farm, Empire Grade Purveyors, and Bonny Doon Farm English Lavender.
- When: Saturday, November 12 at 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Where: Bonny Doon Church
Goat Hill Fair
After attending Goat Hill last year, all we can say is wow! This unique antiques and artisan fair features over 100 vendors showcasing vintage treasures, up-cycled junk, antiques, collectibles, and artisan food. It’s fun, nostalgic, and tons of DIY inspiration. Plus, you’re sure to cross a few folks off your shopping list.
- When: November 12 & 13, Saturday: 10am-4pm, Sunday: 10am-3pm
- Where: Santa Cruz Fairgrounds
- Cost: $5
Sip, Shop & Be Merry
Enjoy festive beverages, hors d’oeuvres, and holiday discounts at Art Inspired’s annual holiday party. You’ll find a variety of locally made art and handmade goods, as well as the jewelry designs of in-house artists Alyse Lattanzio Jewelry|Metal Art and Sara Fletcher of Rugged Grace.
- When: Thursday, November 17 from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Where: Art Inspired in Capitola Village (directly across the Police Station/City Hall)
November 19 – 20
La Selva Beach Holiday Fair
Holiday shopping with a side of family-friendly activities, hot food, live music, and beer…count us in! This event features over 30 vendors showcasing their unique handcrafted goods and a huge, multi-genre book sale. Admission is free and open to the public.
- When: November 19 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Where: La Selva Beach Clubhouse
Sip-n-Shop Trunk Show
Enjoy snacks, refreshments, and a little pampering while you browse local artisan goods, including California Chica and Hip & Chick. While you’re there, treat yourself to the mini-facial bar and a makeup touch up.
- When: November 19 from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Where: Purity Salon
UCSC Arboretum Wreath & Gift Sale
A visit to the arboretum is always a treat, so why not get some holiday shopping out of the way while there. You’ll find carefully crafted dried flower works of art, as well as traditional and one-of-a-kind wreaths. If you’d rather go the DIY route, get inspired with a selection of plants, dried flowers, frames, wreath kits and wreath demonstrations.
- When: November 19 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Where: UC Santa Cruz Arboretum
- Deck the Holidays @ Patagonia Santa Cruz
- Sip & Sale Holiday Craft Fair @ An Epicurious Lifestyle
- Santa’s Shelves Craft Faire @ Felton Fire Station
November 26 – 27
Santa Cruz Mountains Holiday Makers Market
Shop the art, music, and tastes of the Santa Cruz mountains community. This free public event is held indoors and features live local music while you discover treasures and gifts. Best of all, your shopping dollars help benefit a local non-profit, Mountain Community Resources.
- When: November 26, from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Where: Felton Community Hall
Urban Sanctuary Maker’s Market
- When: November 26 from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Where: Urban Sanctuary Santa Cruz
Pop Up Pleasure Point
Bring the whole fam…and given it’s Thanksgiving weekend, we mean the whoooole family to Pleasure Point’s first ever Pop Up. With over 40 booths selling local goods, you’ll have lots to choose from. And if shopping wears you out, you can mosey on over to the food trucks and enjoy beer, wine, and mimosas.
- When: November 26 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Where: 3811 Portola Drive
Holiday Sip ‘N Shop
Get your holiday shopping done early, support local artisans, and sip amazing wine while you’re at it. Triple win! Shop jewelry, ceramics, homeware, leather goods, organic skin care products, and more.
- When: November 27, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Where: Bonny Doon Vineyard Tasting Room in Davenport
Hive & Hum Holiday Open House
Celebrate the seazzzzzon at Hive & Hum’s Holiday Open House. Enjoy sips, nibbles, samples, and giveaways while shopping and supporting local. The best part: Hive & Hum is donating 5% of their profits to Center for Farmworker Families.
- When: November 27 from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Where: Hive & Hum on River St.
December 1 – 4
The Tannery Winter Art Market
Take shopping local to a whole new level at the Tannery. Buy direct from artists and enjoy ornament making, a holiday gift show, art demonstrations, stocking making, live music, and caroling, while you’re at it. Free and open to the public. Don’t miss Thursday night’s Griswoldia Lighting Ceremony, a laser light art installation that will illuminate the Tannery throughout December.
- When: December 1 – 4, Thursday: 5pm-8pm, Friday: 7pm-10pm, Saturday & Sunday: 1pm-6pm
- Where: Tannery Arts Center
Alladin Nursery 12th Annual Christmas Open House
Alladin Nursery & Gift Shop will transform into a Christmas wonderland, full of gifts for everyone on your list. Enjoy live music, hot apple cider, wine, and homemade pastries while you shop. Bring in a bag full of non-perishable or canned groceries to donate to the Second Harvest Food Bank and receive 10% off your purchase. Bring 2 bags and receive 20% off!
- When: December 2-4 from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Where: Alladin Nursery in Watsonville
Local Marine Artists Boutique Pop-up Fair
Get your weekend and your holiday shopping off to a great start at the Sanctuary Exploration Center’s First Friday pop-up. Indulge at the hot chocolate bar, make a sea creature ornament to take home, and support local marine artists including Dough Ross Fine Art, This Tiny Ocean, and John F. Hunter Photography.
- When: December 2 from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Where: Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Exploration Center
Watsonville Holiday Factory Sale
It’s time for the annual Holiday Factory Sale featuring products grown, manufactured, or produced right in Watsonville. Participating merchants include S. Martinelli & Company, Annieglass, Roche Leather Company, and Wargin Wines. Not only will you finish your holiday shopping early, you’ll save money while supporting local businesses.
- When: December 3, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Where: Various shops and factories, Watsonville
Kids Craft Fair
Support young entrepreneurs and find adorable, unique gifts at the Annual Kids Craft Fair, which takes place immediately following the Annual Downtown Santa Cruz Holiday Parade. Admission is free and open to the public.
- When: December 3, 11am – 2pm
- Where: Boys & Girls Club of Santa Cruz, Downtown Clubhouse
Holiday Art & Craft Faire @ Simpkins
Shop one-of-a-kind at the annual Holiday Art & Craft Faire at Simpkins Swim Center. Wares from local artists include jewelry, textiles, ornaments, soaps, wreaths, mosaics, chocolates, hand-made bags and wallets, and more.
- When: December 3, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Where: Simpkins Family Swim Center Community Room
Bargetto Winery Annual Art in the Cellars
Wine and local art is a great pairing, and one you’ll find at Bargetto Winery, along with artisan food products and more. Admission is free, and you can taste Bargetto’s selection with the purchase of a $10 commemorative glass. There will also be special holiday spiced mead for tasting.
- When: December 3 – 4, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Where: Bargetto Winery
ParkStore Holiday Sale: Holiday Parade & Tacos
Shop thoughtful holiday gifts while supporting our state parks and beaches. Sale includes a preview on Friday and Last Chance shopping on Sunday, but the main event takes place on Saturday following the Downtown Holiday Parade. Make your way to the Mission for tacos and holiday discounts: 30% off for members and 20% off for non-members.
- When: December 3 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Where: Santa Cruz Mission State Historic Park
Dig Gardens Holiday Open House
Visiting DIG during the holidays is a must. You’re guaranteed to feel festive and inspired to decorate, DIY some gifts, and kick your indoor and outdoor gardens up a notch. Their annual open house is the perfect occasion to shop and enjoy wine, beer, and small bites.
- When: December 3 from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- Where: DIG Gardens, 420 Water St.
Monarch School’s Winter Craft Faire & Festival
There will be crafts to buy and crafts to make, but let’s discuss lunch: Posole soup, vegetarian tostadas, and homemade treats! Come shop, eat, and support Monarch Community School. Festivities also include live music and performances.
- When: December 3 from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Where: Monarch Community School
Norrie’s Holiday Open House
The arboretum at UC Santa Cruz is a year-round gem to visit, but during the holidays, its rare collection of natural materials brings unique and lovely gifts. Shop handmade wreaths, ornaments, centerpieces, candles, succulent pumpkin planters, dish gardens, and more. While shopping, enjoy honey, olive oil, and hot chocolate tastings along with hot cider and homemade cookies.
- When: December 3 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Where: Norrie’s Gift & Garden Shop at UCSC Arboretum
Artisans Holiday Gift Sale
The 9th Annual Artisans Gift Sale features a wide variety of gift items, all of which are handcrafted locally and $25 or less. Check out this portfolio showcasing a selection of the unique gifts that await.
- When: December 3 & 4, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Where: The Vets Hall
Little Craft Pop-Up
This family-friendly event showcases the work of local artisans who create products for babies and children. Kids can create a work of art at the Kaiwa Art & Play Space table while you browse clothing, decor, accessories and vintage items. Photo mini sessions with Renee Fox Photography.
When: December 4, 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Midtown Craft Crawl
Holiday pop-ups are popping up throughout midtown! Just look for the red balloons along Soquel from Cayuga to Seabright and shop a variety of goods from local talent.
When: December 4 from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Where: Home/Work, The Crepe Place, Midtown Cafe, Synergy, Tomboy and more
VFW Holiday Craft Fair
Free parking and free admission. Proceeds from the sale of breakfast burritos and lunch items will go towards the Relay for Life 2017.
When: December 4 from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Where: Veterans Foreign Wars in Freedom
Holiday By the Sea Marketplace
When: December 4 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Where: DeAnza Clubhouse
December 10 – 11
Jingle Shells Art and Craft Festival
The holiday spirit and marine life will collide at the Seymour Center on December 11th, when ocean–inspired holiday gifts and decorations will be for sale. There will also be several children’s activities and live music. Top it off with group sing-along and whale lighting!
- When: December 11, 12:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Where: Seymour Marine Discovery Center
Yarn Shop Santa Cruz Trunk Show
- When: December 11 from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Where: Yarn Shop Santa Cruz
Artisan’s Holiday Market
Find an extensive collection of handcrafted gift items sourced from the Homeless Garden Project’s certified organic farm and created by Project trainees. Gifts include bath and body products, beeswax candles, dried floral wreaths, and goods from over twenty artisans.
- When: December 17 from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Where: Homeless Garden Project Downtown Store
We Are California Grown Holiday Sale
Bring a new, unwrapped toy for the Santa Cruz Boys and Girls Club of Santa Cruz and get free stickers plus the chance to shop We Are California Grown merchandise. Enjoy live music, food featuring El Salchichero, and Santa Cruz Ale Works beer.
- When: December 17 from 11:00 am to sunset
- Where: 111 Dubois St. Santa Cruz, CA
Holiday Artisan Food & Gift Market
It’s not too late to shop all local and take care of all your holiday needs, from unique gifts to food and holiday staples. Shop locally-made jewelry, body products, candles, scarves, textiles, and art. Artisan foods include olive oil, jams, honey, chocolate, and mole. There will also be fresh foods to enjoy such as baked goods, empanadas, and meat pies.
- When: December 17 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Where: Santa Cruz Food Lounge